The standard menu for the average American nowadays is packed with processed foods full of chemicals and toxins that contain either too much sugar or salt. In addition we have the rising trend of mass production and availability of genetically modified foods, something that has caused an uproar in almost every first world country.
All of these foods are so different and far away from anything older generations saw on their menu that your grandfather and grandmother would not even recognize what we eat today as actual food. Some even joke nowadays, saying that we do not eat food in today’s society; we eat food – like products.
Needless to say, these trends have had a profoundly negative effect on the health of an entire generation which is why we see a rise in all sorts of diseases, from diabetes and cancer to heart failure and even depression.
It has been medically proven that the majority of such diseases arises and can only flourish in a miss-balanced pH state of the body. That means, the more acidic the state of our body is, the better the conditions for developing cancer or a heart disease.
On the other side of the spectrum is the alkaline state, which is the state of health and balance. There are foods that will help you maintain your optimal pH state, and here we discuss some of the best you can start consuming today.
- Olive oil
Olive oil is high on vitamins, particularly vitamin E and moderate fatty accids.
This fruit is excellent for detoxing your colon, are very alkaline with an average pH level of 9. Deliver a wealth of fiber and are made up of 90% water so they are excellent for hydration.
- Flax Seed
These seeds are full of fiber and vitamin E. They regulate the pH value of your body and help with inflammation.
Buckwheat is a powerful replacement for wheat and a very good breakfast food for energy. In addition it helps with prevention with cardiovascular disease.
In a quick list here are some additional foods that you can consume that help with your pH balance:
- Berries are rich with vitamins A and D and are packed with antioxidants.
- Parsley is a green goodness that will help you cleanse your intestines.
- Grapefruit is also jam packed with vitamins, all of which are helpful to your health.
- Mango is an excellent choice for detoxing your colon.
- Avocado needs no introduction as it is widely considered one of the best foods on the planet.
- Pineapple is very good at detoxing your body and helping with weight loss.
- Garlic may not be everyone’s favorite but the health benefits it provides are second to none.
- Broccoli helps with lowering your cholesterol levels.
- Bananas, especially extra ripe ones are even considered to have cancer fighting properties.
- Cucumbers with their 90% water content helps with skin health, look and hydration.
- Lemons are the vitamin C superfood of the world and help with treating the flu, coughing and colds.